Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Session 1, Part 2

   Tytessa Chillstealer stepped around the doorway, her expression went tight and she pressed her lips together into a fine line. A wave of her concern washed over me, as she returned my salute. Mission accomplished Ma’am. She nodded, excellent, now get your self to the infirmary. I tried to explain that it looked worse then it was and I would be fine. The next emotion was less concern and more anger. The infirmary now! Seeing as she is my superior, only slightly so, but superior no less I figured why fight it. I started to make my way down the hall and up to the next deck. I could still hear combat outside, people yelling and screaming. I could feel it all around me, crowded tight places are tough on me that way. It’s hard to keep out all of those emotions. Fear and hope battling back and forth for control. I felt like a small ship lost at sea in a storm being battered by wind and water. Finally I made it to the physicians bay, it was cramped with civilians injured and dyeing, Come to think of it I haven’t seen many other enlisted on the ship. The physician saw me and propped a shoulder under me as I began to slide down the wall. Honest… I didn’t feel that bad… turns out, adrenaline is pretty good thing. He and his crew went right to work on me. I faded in and out of consciousness a couple of times there and I can remember somebody saying that the military had to get preferential treatment because of their being so few of us left. So one of the nurses helped me up and moved me down to this bed on the far end of the deck away from people waiting to get in. The bandages feel good and tight. Seems this doc knows his trade. That’s good because if we’re that light on personnel, I’ll be seeing a lot of action.

   Just heard large explosion very near to us, and our whole ship just shuttered like we may have hit something. Not sure what is going on out there, and its driving me crazy. Sitting here writing this down now, I just over heard someone come in and say that Captain Bronz was seen being saved by an Ork, just as the Daughter of Woe exploded. Putting down the book and pen for now… I have to go see whats happening outside… more later.

   It’s been about 24 hours, the world as we know it is gone. This new area we’ve moved into is filled with a kind of dull orange light with no determinable source. Several spheres can be seen from our location.

   I am to accompany Tytessa Chillstealer, the ranking White Elf Military leader, to a meeting with the other leaders of the assorted races tonight on board our new flagship the Horn of Wrath. I can only assume that it will be a meeting to assess damages and losses and the redistribution of responsibilities. The sense of loss is palpable, as it should be I suppose after such an event. Couples torn apart, families fractured, entire decks of people spilled into the sky… whole races lost. This better be one heck of a meeting.

   The gist of what occurred is that the key did indeed work in the machine but in the process the machine ripped the Daughter of Woe in two while opening a portal through the Storm Barrier. What remained of the fleet was able to escape Lord Sunforge and his armies by passing through the barrier, but I find myself wondering… for how long.

   Following morning- It seems that after a brief and seemingly ill-timed argument between Captain Bronze and Commander Greybattle, that Greybattle will be our new Admiral and Bronze will be his 2nd. Having lost her father in the destruction of the Daughter of Woe, I wouldn’t have wanted to be part of that discussion. I have a newfound respect for ‘Admiral’ Greybattle. The meeting last evening was as I expected, loss and damage assessment and new duty assignments. I am to be the Master of the Watch and as such one of my first task will be to recruit an able bodied Watch. One that I can trust to do the duty put before them. Others were given various new assignments as well. I’ll list those that I can remember below and what I know of them.

   -Dweena Squint – capable and resourceful Goblin women of some years by my reckoning was made something of a Logistics Officer for the fleet regarding food and other necessities. I recognized her as the goblin I handed the key off to before having to land. I also hear that she herself lost several sons in the last battle before making it through the barrier.

   -Chain Firespinner- eager and ambitious Scaleborn assigned to Master of the Vigil. His fire magic should be useful for signaling from ship to ship. I hear it told that it was he who organized the saving of the burning rescue Ark. A move that saved hundreds of lives, a move that cost him his own father. In past dealing with the Scaleborn I’ve heard mention of Chain’s father on more than one occasion, his passing will be mourned.

   -Lira Moondawning- a young Namir with foot falls like silk was promoted to Lead Scout. She accompanied a senior Namir named Syleng Wyrmbreaker a fortunate name without question but his eyes speak of secrets. It later I heard it was a force under Lira’s command that planted the device on the Dwarven Watchtower that assisted my escape.

   -Marreg Warmane- strong and capable, savior of our good Captain Bronze. I have not had many dealings with orks that did involve trying to kill them or avoid being killed by them, this new breed of ork is different. Though he bares the size and strength of an Ork, they resemble dark skinned humans. His people are known by Greybattle to be great hunters, for this he was given the place of Master of the Hunt.

   Final Entry of Note –
The other night at the meeting aboard the Horn of Wrath, I met Irisy Tearbrewer the leader of the Ghost Born. I am uncertain as yet how to describe them. I find them more human, but I would be remise in my description if I did not say that they could be elven. Racial appearances aside, Tearbrewer wins my creep of the week award. I have never before met the man, and he did indeed carry himself well but every fiber of my being screams that he is a vile Necromantic twin slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment